2017 AMHR Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations
With Resulting Foals Showing in 2018
- This sweepstakes is open to registered AMHR stallions.
- The stallion nomination fee is $200 per stallion. An owner may nominate more than one stallion.
- The stallion must be nominated for the AMHR Futurity.
- Stallions must be DNA tested through the University of Kentucky via the AMHR Sweepstakes. CLICK HERE for the Kentucky DNA form. This is the stallion owner's responsibility and at their expense (approximately $29.00/each). DNA results for stallions already DNA tested at UC-Davis for AMHA will be accepted. Click here for information on submitting DNA for AMHA-registered horses.
- DNA test results, whether directly through the University of Kentucky or results from UC-Davis, must be on file with the University of Kentucky by January 1, 2018. No exceptions.
- The stallion nomination fee allows the stallion owner one foal from the nominated stallion into the sweepstakes class (see Mare Rules concerning declaring the mare, DNA requirements, etc.).
- Nominations close January 28, 2017 and the nomination fee of $200.00 for each stallion must be paid in full and postmarked by April 1, 2017 (checks, money orders, Visa/ Master card accepted).
- Submission of a nomination form is a contract to pay. Nomination fees are non-refundable. Non-payment will result in being banned from future Sweepstakes and place the owner in "poor standing" with ASPC/AMHR. In the event of stallion death or unsoundness, another stallion may be substituted.
- Checks for stallion nomination fees shall be made payable to: AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes
ATTN: AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes
81 B East Queenwood
Morton, IL 61550
- Mares must be AMHR registered.
- The mare must be nominated for the AMHR Futurity.
- The mare that will be bred to the Sweepstakes stallion must be DNA tested at the mare owner's expense (approximately $29.00/each). CLICK HERE for the Kentucky DNA form. DNA results for mares already DNA tested at UC-Davis for AMHA will be accepted. Click here for information on submitting DNA for AMHA-registered horses.
- DNA test results, whether directly through the University of Kentucky or results from UC-Davis, must be on file with the University of Kentucky by January 1, 2018. No exceptions! We will be verifying receipt of DNA results by March 1, 2018!!!
- Mare owner is responsible for all transportation fees, AI or chute fees, mare care fees, or other fees as specified by the stallion owner in their nomination agreement (such as, but not limited to: veterinarian care, vaccinations, ultrasounds, etc.).
- Names of mares MUST be submitted to Jean Barnhill Rudick by January 1, 2018 in order for the resulting foals to be eligible to show in the Sweepstakes classes at the 2018 AMHR Nationals..
- Stallion owners may bid on their own stallions.
- Bids will be accepted on the 'live' auction site address posted on the home page, or may be made via phone (315-963-7373), and/or snail mail sent to Bruce Abbott, 248 Leavitt Road, Oswego NY 13126.
- Bidder will be contacted if outbid and will have a chance to raise their bid, or they may put in a maximum bid. The bid increment will be $50.00.
- Bids will be accepted beginning Saturday, February 4, 2017, and will end on Saturday, February 11, 2017 at approximately 6:00 PM Eastern Time. If a bid comes in right at the end of auction, it will extend the auction another 5 minutes, giving others an opportunity to raise the bid. Each bid received at that point will extend the auction 5 minutes, just like a REAL auction!
- Opening bid is a minimum of $200.00.
- The high bidder and stallion owners will be contacted and sent an invoice on approximately February 20, 2017 or as soon as bids can be confirmed.
- Submission of a bid is a contract to pay. Bids must be paid in full by April 1, 2017. Non-payment will result in being banned from future Sweepstakes, and place the bidder in "poor standing" with ASPC/AMHR, and the resulting foal SHALL NOT be registered. Payment will be accepted by check, money order, VISA, or Mastercard. If the high bidder fails to pay their bid in full by April 1, 2017, the next highest bidder will be contacted.
- Payment for winning bids shall be made payable to: AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes
ATTN: AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes
81 B East Queenwood
Morton, IL 61550
- All foals exhibited in the AMHR Sweepstakes must be AMHR registered prior to the AMHR National Show.
- All foals must meet current AMHR height requirements for weanlings and will be measured at their arrival to the AMHR Nationals.
- All sexes may be shown together and there may be a separation equally by height, based on the official measurement at the National Show. (i.e., number of foals will be divided equally between the two classes, based on official measurements and does NOT mean the class will be split according to "open class" height splits) Class splits will be posted at least 1/2 day prior to the scheduled time to show, PROVIDED people have had their foals measured. To facilitate this, foals should be measured by the end of the AM classes on the day PRIOR to the judging of sweepstakes.
- There will be no additional entry fee for the AMHR Sweepstakes, but the foals will be required to pay current stall, shaving, etc. show fees to the AMHR Nationals.
- The class will be scheduled and shown at the 2017 AMHR Nationals.
- Foals must be entered by the AMHR National deadline and the entries mailed to the show manager.
- The class will be judged as a regular halter class.
- The class will be judged using the three judge system and judges will not be announced until show time.
- The class will be placed 1st through 10th place and will be awarded National rosettes.
- All monies paid for stallion nominations and services collected in 2017 will be jackpotted (less up to 10% for office expenses) for the 2018 Sweepstakes Classes purse.
- The Sweepstakes purse will pay 1st through 8th place at the following rates:
1st - 25%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 7%
6th - 5%
7th - 4%
8th - 4%
- The stallion owner of the 1st place foal will be awarded 10% of the purse.
- 1st through 10th place foals will be DNA tested immediately after the class is held. The cost of DNA testing will be covered by the AMHR Sweepstakes program.
Names of all AMHR-carded judges present at the AMHR National Show who do not have a vested interest in the Sweepstakes (i.e., do not own a nominated stallion, mare, or entered foal or who are not showing a nominated foal), and who are willing to judge the class, will be put in a hat. Three names will be drawn by a disinterested party and will be announced just prior to the class. One judge will be randomly selected as "call judge" and placings will be scored according to the formula for placing all Nationals classes.